- Served as principal counterterrorism and cybersecurity advisor to U.S. President George W. Bush
- Developed first federal cybersecurity policy
- West Point graduate
Joel Bagnal leads Vericlave, Inc. as CEO. A highly experienced global cybersecurity and risk management executive, Joel creates the enterprise vision and launches the cutting-edge strategies, technologies and programs that mitigate risk and ensure that capital and critical assets are effectively protected within a resilient network, while growing revenues and margins.
A proven innovator, powerful influencer and entrepreneurial leader, Joel rapidly builds high-performing teams and develops leading-edge solutions that achieve an organization’s growth goals. Joel also is an experienced global security and risk management executive who develops and launches strategies that create enduring, customized security solutions across entire organizations.
Joel has previously held cybersecurity leadership roles with Detica, BAE Systems, L-3 Communications and the U.S. Government. Additionally, Joel served as a senior advisor to the President of the United States and developed the nation’s first cybersecurity policy to secure government networks and critical infrastructure.
A graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point and a combat veteran, Joel held progressively responsible command and staff positions in the United States Army for over 20 years. He has also earned executive leadership and management certificates from Harvard University.
- 18+ years corporate finance, venture capital and technology experience
- Leader in identifying disruptive technologies
- West Point graduate
Brown is a seasoned leader and executive with more than 18 years of experience in corporate finance and venture capital, technology, academia, and the military. Throughout his career he has driven technology investment initiatives and executed complex growth strategies at leading firms like Polaris Venture Partners, Invisiblehand Networks, Virtus Capital Partners, and Arena Growth Partners. He has also played integral roles in identifying disruptive technologies in companies including Akamai Technologies, Watchfire, and Avici Systems. His leadership with startup companies awarded him the role of the first ever Director of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Texas at Austin, and recognition on the Boston Business Journal Top 40 Under 40 list and Boston Business Forward magazine’s The Next Network.
Roy van Ermel Scherer
- Designed and managed network infrastructure
- Design Management focus in rugged electronic design, testing and implementation
- Got into cybersecurity to design a solution that filled a market need to protect critical infrastructure from any unauthorized access.
Roy is the Chief Architect at Vericlave, where he leads product development and all engineering initiatives for Vericlave’s multiple service offerings. Roy has a demonstrated track record of working with emerging technologies across the startup ecosystem and enterprise environments, to create solutions for complex engineering issues, and bring new technologies to market.
Roy received his degree in Engineering from the Southwest School of Electronics.
- 20+ years in the defense, financial, technology and professional services
- Led globally dispersed teams focusing in security operations and incident investigation
- Authored numerous articles and recognized as cybersecurity industry expert
- West Point graduate
Chris is a highly accomplished senior leader with more than 20 years of experience in the defense, financial, retail, technology, and professional services industries. By applying his knowledge in leadership, risk and compliance management, cybersecurity, and data governance, Chris influences, builds and leads comprehensive programs that combine emerging technologies and risk-based governance.
Chris has led globally dispersed teams focusing in security operations, incident investigation and response, enterprise risk management, compliance, and red/blue team attack and penetration services. A practitioner leader, he has created more than 20 security assessment and risk management programs currently in use by hundreds of organizations globally. As a subject matter expert, he has authored numerous articles and been regularly cited in industry magazines. Chris is also an experienced public speaker, delivering C-level presentations at dozens of conferences, briefings and industry events annually.
- 20+ years’ experience in investment analysis, financial accounting and operations
- Began his career as a tax advisor at Arthur Andersen
- Expert at developing and implementing growth and operational strategies
Greg brings more than 20 years of investment analysis, strategic planning, financial, accounting and operating experience to Vericlave. He has spent the last 18 years in the private equity industry analyzing, investing in and growing privately held companies across numerous industries. Greg is an experienced advisor and leader in developing and implementing growth and operational strategies to increase value for investors and stakeholders. Greg started his career with Arthur Andersen in Washington, D.C. providing tax advice to companies in the financial services and real estate industries. He also is managing director of TWW Capital Management, Vericlave’s largest investor.
- Captured more than $1 billion of IT federal programs
- Rugged embedded design experience for 35 new product lines and 200 product enhancements
- Architected embedded cybersecurity solutions for critical performance networks
Drew Arnberg is an experienced engineer and will lead the technology portfolio for Vericlave. His experience includes a demonstrated history of navigating and winning government contracts, and a talent for identifying and applying emerging, innovative technologies in manufacturing and computer design. At Vericlave, he is responsible for all facets of government-focused capture management, including vendor selection, contract negotiation, requirement capture and fulfillment, product architecture development, and operations planning and support. Prior to working with Vericlave, Drew led program management and sales efforts across aerospace & defense companies like VT Miltope and Kelly Aerospace Power Systems.
Drew obtained his master’s degree in Finance and Economics. He received his bachelor’s degree in Engineering and Political Science from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, and he is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Strategic communications professional with experience in cyber security and mission critical technologies
- Worked with diverse startup communities to strengthen business development efforts and facilitate fundraising activities
- Honored as Force of the Future Graduate Student Scholar at the Department of Defense
Helena Krusec is an experienced manager and strategic communications leader with a history working with high-profile companies at the intersection of venture capital, national security, and cybersecurity. Leveraging her background in public policy, business, and data analytics, Helena has helped companies to develop successful digital and traditional media campaigns, execute aggressive sales and growth initiatives, create holistic brand and reputational profiles, and craft strategies to help targets flourish in highly competitive environments. Prior to joining Vericlave, she served in leadership positions with the FUND Conference, 20spokes, and Cambridge Global Advisors, where she worked with the intelligence community and federal defense and national security groups, and agencies like Booz Allen Hamilton and Northrop Grumman.
Helena graduated with her master’s degree in Public Policy from the University of Chicago, where she studied Strategic Campaigns Management and Cybersecurity Policy. Helena has also spoken on cybersecurity-oriented panels for Campaign Tech Chicago, and was honored as a U.S. Department of Defense, Force of the Future Scholar in 2016.
Whitney Johns Martin
- Managing Director of TWV Capital Management, L.L.C.
- Portfolio manager for PE funds, with service on more than two dozen boards
- Experienced M&A executive; former transactional attorney
- Operating Partner at TWV Capital Management, L.L.C.
- Experienced technology strategist for global companies
- Former IBM executive; current interim CEO, Sevis Systems, Inc.
- Managing Director of EFO Holdings, L.P.
- Portfolio manager for active family office investor; public and private equities
- Experience serving on boards of private companies
- Immediate Past CEO, Entegra
- Start-up and turnaround — public/private
- M&A; global general management; sales and marketing
Jana Ahlfinger Bell
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer RMG Networks
- Previous president, CEO and served on board of directors for a variety of technology/communications companies
- CFO of the Year, Dallas Business Journal
- Former Chief Information Security Officer CIA
- Consultant for U.S. government, foreign governments, Fortune 500 corporations
- Recognized pioneer of classified information protection
- Former TI executive, VP and manager of Worldwide Environmental, Safety & Health, Manager of Dallas Semiconductor Manufacturing and Manager of Worldwide Facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas at Austin, Engineering College; Board of Directors — Wire Technologies; Angel investor
- President/Chief Operating Officer with an unbroken track record of growth of businesses $40M – $1.4B
- Led the biggest divisions of industry leaders Lennox and York; led six acquisitions and three joint ventures
- Served on executive, governance, audit and compensation committees of boards
Harel Menashri, Ph.D.
- Cybersecurity Officer / Commander, Israel Defense Forces
- Cyber Head Holon Inst. of Tech; Lecturer H.I.T. & Bar plan Univ.
- Research colleague — Institute for counterterrorism in IDC Herzliya
Mark Paulk, Ph.D.
- Faculty, Department of Computer Science, University of Texas at Dallas
- VP Standards Activity Board — IEEE
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering; MS, Computer Science
- Venture Partner at Mobility Ventures and Interim CEO at IndoTraq
- 25-year mobile industry veteran with a record of building multimillion-dollar operations with profitable exits
- David has served as senior executive of global corporations as well as at several startups.
- Led successful IBM Global Consulting Services Unit with global revenue of over $15B
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Partner with executive oversight for PWC merger and sale of PWC Consulting to IBM
- Board of Directors — MoneyGram, angel investor
- Strategy and business development executive
- Successful new service offering growth programs executed at IBM, EDS, and BT Global Services
- BoA Economics, Harvard University